Hi,

In message "Re: method names in 1.9"
    on Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:55:48 +0900, "David A. Black" <dblack / rubypal.com> writes:

|I know that a 1.9 feature-freeze is coming soon, but I just wanted to
|put in a last-minute plea for some method name changes or removals.

- send, invoke_method

#send now invokes any method regardless of visibility (as in 1.8) so
that the alternative version of "send" (currently named
'invoke_method') honors visibility.  I don't think adding "bang" for
the safer version is a good idea.  Any other idea?

- to_splat

Unlike invoke_method above, you didn't provide your sought name.  It
must be a clear name to be use for splat.  Any opinion?
Regarding 'to_xxx', we have 'to_open' added in 1.9 that must be
irritate you.  It is used to implement open on anything other than
strings.

							matz.