Hello,

In message "-Wall cleanup project"
    on 03/08/03, Daniel Berger <djberg96 / yahoo.com> writes:

|Here are my "patches" to Preview 7 to help cleanup the
|-Wall warnings for Suse Linux 8.0 with gcc 3.2.  Note
|that the largest offender is eval.c, which often
|complains with this warning:

|"variable `some_var' might be clobbered by `longjmp'
|or `vfork'"
|
|I tried declaring some of these as volatile just to
|see what would happen but that seemed to cause more
|problems.

 * do not use old diff format. It's unreadable.  I prefer -u
   (unified).

 * ignore warnings from variables marked as /* OK */ for example,

     VALUE result;             /* OK */

   I checked and confirmed they are safe, regardless of warnings.

 * the functions below are for debug purpose.  just ignore.

|parse.y:4443: warning: `nodeline' defined but not used
|regex.c:2572: warning: `insert_op' defined but not
|used
|regex.c:1000: warning: `print_compiled_pattern'
|defined but not used

							matz.