On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:52:29 +0900, "Luis Lavena" <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
> If we start labelling every users choice of platform as "broken" and
> always tell they "your platform is broken, don't ask this here",
> similar reactions will show up.

There is, however, a lot of pent-up frustration in the Ruby community
regarding Debian's packaging.  It might be worthwhile to point out that
Debian now has a ruby-full package, which includes everything one might
expect in a Ruby installation.

(To avoid confusion, and for consistency with other Debian packages,
it might be better if the 'ruby' package were e.g. 'ruby-core', and
'ruby-full' just 'ruby', and the package versions synched up, but
that's a comparatively minor issue...)

-mental