On 10/29/07, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas / lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> Austin, please stop spreading FUD.

It's not FUD if it's true. And what I said (about OpenSSL, etc.)
certainly is -- or at least was as of the last time I actually looked
at Debian directly and decided that people had to fix Debian's
well-known and well-documented problems before I'd help them.

> > Or you get the Ruby on Tiger snafu: it was compiled as PPC with Intel
> > endianness, which meant that PDF::Writer and a handful of other
> > packages would never be able to work because String#unpack would never
> > work.
> And like a good citizen, you reported a bug about that, of course?

Nope. I didn't have a Mac at that point, and I wasn't supporting Ruby
on the Mac. I was supporting PDF::Writer on Ruby.

It's not my responsibility to report bugs on your busted platform.

The unbusted Ruby is the one from source.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca