Hi --

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Brent Roman wrote:

> Sorry David.
>
> You are correct.
> (I misread the post's author)
>
> I'm with murphy-6 in thinking that the comma list
> syntax for Hash literals was a misfeature from start.
>
> It's "OK" for a very small hash, but it gets unwieldy as soon
> as the number of keys rises to more than 3 or 4.
> (for me at any rate)

I would never use it in code I was sharing with anyone -- just as a
shortcut for myself.  In seven years I've never seen anyone abuse it
(i.e., use it instead of =>), so I don't think there was much danger
of that, and meanwhile it was handy.

> By the "new colon syntax", I meant:
>
> h = {a:1, b:2}
>
> Has Nobu extended this to cope with non-symbolic keys?

See his post in this thread.

David

   * Advancing With Rails, Edison, NJ, November 6-9
See http://www.rubypal.com for details!