Martin Duerst wrote:
> Often, (except for the new line layout) I was thinking about
> going one step further, for the above example, it would be
> something like:
>
> "hello"
>   .upcase
>   .reverse
>   .slice(0)
>   .puts       #  => prints "O"
it's "display" instead of "puts" :)

assign_to is strange because it would break the rule that local
variables are easy to find for the parser by keeping track of all =
assignments. assign_to looks like it can be changed => oblivion.

and =: is just "over the wall" ^_^

btw: if def would return the method object, we could write

  class Foo
    def bar
      42
    end
    .private
  end

looks like some assembler...

another thing is that it works with heredocs:

<<-MOO
  Test
  Tezt
  Tepht
MOO
.lines.to_a.size.display  # => 3

(you currently have to write <<-MOO.lines.to_a.size.display, and I don't
know any editor that is able to highlight this correctly.)

[murphy]