Hi,

At Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:25:46 +0900,
johan556 / gmail.com wrote in [ruby-core:12692]:

> On 10/14/07, Nobuyoshi Nakada <nobu / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> > At Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:45:31 +0900,
> > johan556 / gmail.com wrote in [ruby-core:12659]:
> > > In May I asked about what seemed to be a bug in "fileutils". Nobu
> > > confirmed this, and provided a patch (see below). But the changes were
> > > never commited, as far as I can see.
> >
> > Because -f option of rm command varies on platforms.  It's not
> > so simple.
> >

> Which platforms do you have in mind?

In [ruby-dev:30811], Kambe mentioned that rm(1) on NetBSD
3.1_STABLE(and current) says:

     The rm utility differs from historical implementations in that the -f
     option only masks attempts to remove non-existent files instead of mask-
     ing a large variety of errors.

and that the current implementation ignores

	ENOENT
	ENAMETOOLONG
	ENOTDIR

I'd asked about the idea to change :force option to direct what
errors should be ignored, but no replies.  It's the end.

--
Nobu Nakada