Hi,

In message "Re: Import gem to Ruby 1.9"
    on Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:01:36 +0900, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> writes:

|Are there any other outstanding issues before I go ahead?
|
|I see a thread in ruby-dev about importing RubyGems, but I cannot
|read Japanese.

We are discussing how we call rubygems after the merge.  Possible
options are:

  (a) just merge; if one wants to load libraries from gems, he needs
      to require 'rubygems' first.  very traditional, but introduces
      unnecessary normal library/gem'ed library separation.

  (b) silently require 'rubygems' in initialization process.  rubygems
      requires a lot of other libraries, so that memory consumption
      might be an issue.

  (c) create (or separate) tiny library only for finding gems, and let
      it be loaded in the initialization (from prelude.rb).  but no
      one knows how easy/difficult to make such a library (yet).

How do you think?

							matz.