Hello,

In message "Broken Ruby/ODBC due rbconfig COMMON_MACROS"
    on Oct.11,2007 10:15:48, <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
| Curt commented that previous compilation of Ruby/ODBC was without
| problems (1.8.5), so I was thinking:
|
| A) Maybe this was introduced in mkmf.rb in latest 1.8.6.
| B) The compilation of latest p111 added the define to rbconfig.rb
| C) Or just Ruby/ODBC is broken and need a custom way to find that function.

We just hit a Platform SDK's bug.
Nobu or I will take steps to deal this problem.

| I'll really appreciate some points on how create the custom function
| evaluation from extconf, so maybe I could provide a patch to the
| author.

Here is a workaround patch for ruby-odbc.

--- extconf.rb.orig 2007-10-11 11:20:18.234577000 +0900 +++ extconf.rb 2007-10-11 11:20:34.197531200 +0900 @@ -1,2 +1,3 @@ require 'mkmf' +COMMON_HEADERS << "\n#ifndef WIN32\n#define WIN32\n#endif"
Regards, -- U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>