On 10/3/07, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In message "Re: Release compatibility/train"
> >    on Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:59:09 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter / sun.com> writes:
> >
> > |So would the recommendation be that people running production
> > |applications remain on 1.8 series?
> >
> > Honestly speaking, 1.9.1 at the end of this year would not be
> > "production ready".  Despite that production code require months to
> > adopt compatibility issues between 1.8 and 1.9.  As 1.9 used by many,
> > its stability will rise soon (hopefully).
>
> Am I right that 1.9 is mostly a development version toward 2.0?

If I understand what Matz said earlier on this thread, not really.

What we used to think of as 2.0 wlll now be 1.9.1 which will be
considered (feature?) stable.

I interpret this as meaning that the experimental changes will stop
when 1.9.1 is released and 1.9.1+ releases will be implementation
improvements only, and any new language changes would be in an
eventual 2.0 stream.

Did I get that right Matz-sen sei?

--
Rick DeNatale