Hi,

In message "Re: Release compatibility/train"
    on Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:48:23 +0900, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nutter / sun.com> writes:

|> Yes, the versioning scheme has been changed since 1.9, to utilize the
|> limited resource of digits.  By this scheme, we can keep up to 100
|> years without using non-digits.  ;-)
|
|Is 1.9.1 now going to be considered a stable release?

We sincerely hope so, although being not sure how big that hope is.

Let me explain a bit.  Since the difference between 1.8 and 1.9 is
huge, we once thought about postponing the 1.9.1 release schedule, but
some of us suggested that no one use 1.9 unless we release it
officially, so that we should not change the schedule.  As a result,
we will try our best to make 1.9 as stable as we can make it, but some
"unstableness" would remain.

							matz.