<snip>

> > I think this is best done as a 3rd party library given that it's
> > specific to one platform.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dan
> >

> Hi, Dan,
>
> Now that Solaris is open source, it is conceivable that door
> library will be ported to another platform, much like ZFS.

When it actually *is* ported, and people *actually* use it, then we
should consider merging it into core. Until then, I vote no.

And, for the record, doors existed as early as Solaris 2.5, but wasn't
officially supported until Solaris 2.6. So says Rich Teer, Solaris
Systems Programming, p. 952-953.

Regards,

Dan