Hi,

Updated the list.

1. Is platform-specific gem handling needed in ruby/1.9.1?

  - Is binary gem support needed in ruby/1.9.1?
    If no one has any objection, it's up to RubyGems team.

2. Does RubyGems need some 'require-hook' feature to be added to
   ruby/1.9.1?  What's the requirements?

  - just bundle RubyGems with ruby as one of a packaging system.
    so hooking -r options as same as Kernel#require is needed.
  - Nobu, I heard that you have once designed this feature halfly.
    Is there anything you can share with us?
  - I was hoping we could use rb_funcall to invoke a Kernel#require in
    require_libraries() rather than calling the C rb_require directly.
    Is this possible?

3. What gem related commands should be install in BINDIR by the standard
   installer?
     gem, gemlock, gemri, gemwhich, gem_mirror, gem_server,
     index_gem_repository.rb, update_rubygems

  - just one command 'gem' to be installed into BINDIR.
  - is there anyone who thinks nothing should be installed?

4. What $LOAD_PATH order should be?

  4-1. by default
    [-I, ENV_RUBYLIB, SITELIBDIR, RUBYLIBDIR, .]
   - RubyGems is not enabled without 'rubygems' library required.

  4-2. after requiring rubygems
    [-I, ENV_RUBYLIB, GEMs, SITELIBDIR, RUBYLIBDIR, .]
   - it's up to RubyGems team because it's opt-in feature.

5. Where's the global repository for bundled rubygems?

  - of course RubyForge should be pointed.
  - prepare gems.ruby-lang.org and add it as a default remote source of
    RubyGems?
  - remote sources ordering support of RubyGems (by RubyGems team.)
  - we need some 'rather official' repository at gems.ruby-lang.org.
  - no, RubyForge plus its mirrors are sufficient.

6. What libraries does RubyGems depend on?
     YAML/Syck, WEBrick, the digest libraries, rbconfig, rdoc, thread,
     optparse, forwardable, time, open-uri, uri, net/http, fileutils,
     zlib, stringio, socket, tempfile, pathname, test/unit

  - YAML is used for the gem index and could be dropped in favor of
    marshal.
  - WEBrick is only used for gem_server and not critical.
  - Dependency to openssl is a must?

7. Discussion deadline?

  - vaguely October or so

// NaHi