On 7/17/07, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2007, at 05:31 , TRANS wrote:
>
> > Unbundle Yaml and Webrick? Are you kidding? Those are bread and
> > butter!
>
> So? Installing them via gems changes it how? This would allow them to
> grow/mature/change/improve independently of a ruby release schedule.

I understand what you are saying but there is an important
consideration here. It's good for Ruby to have out of the box tools
for certain things. YAML is great for quick and easy config files and
distributed serialization. Webrick gives us a qucik and easy
webserver. These things are very useful and help promote a common
"prototyping" environment, which greatly enhance communication and
learning. This is one of the great things about Ruby.

I agree with you about other items though. Tk for instance is just not
useful enough and is tied to some heavy external code.

T.