On 6/20/07, Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> This time we released particular 1.8.6-p36, but p1 to p35 also exists
> there.  They were not announced because announcing every patches is way
> too annoying.  Imagine more than a dozen of release announcement made in
> a day or two... I bet you just ignore everything.

As a downstream packager of sorts (http://rubyworks.thoughtworks.com),
I would be delighted, not annoyed, to receive a message every couple
of days (historical rate of patchlevel tags for 1.8.6) along the lines
of "hi, I've just tagged patchlevel X, it fixes bugs Y and Z".

I realize that the same information could be obtained by watching the
1_8_6 branch on Subversion, but that's extra digging for the knowledge
you have in your head when you tag a patchlevel.

--
Alex