> Well, use Subversion.
I already do, and I will NEVER use a ruby release AGAIN, and won't upgrade
without testing all of my software first. I'm trying to convince people that
ruby is well maintained and mature enough, but no published fixes when the
core library is broken does not help.

People are still downloading a ruby version where the therad library is broken
when they go to the english version of ruby-lang.org. You can't expect
*everybody* to use subversion.

> This time we released particular 1.8.6-p36, but p1 to p35 also exists
> there.  They were not announced because announcing every patches is way
> too annoying.  Imagine more than a dozen of release announcement made in
> a day or two... I bet you just ignore everything.
ruby-talk is *not* the only place to announce. At least announcing on
rubyforge would be an idea.

> Anyway 3 months of release interval is not that long I feel.
Not if the interpreter and the core library *works*. If it is broken, it is
very long.

Sylvain