Daniel Berger wrote:

> Ideas from Python can be found at:
> http://docs.python.org/lib/module-random.html

Python's module in this area is very good and comprehensive.  I like the
idea of a method filling a sequence with random numbers.
Also very nice is the idea of being able to keep/restore the random
number's generator state (which could potentially be much more than just
a seed number).

I find their method names to be much better to understand than what was
proposed here (ie. bytes ?).

Different distributions like random, uniform, etc. are excellent ideas
too.  This is a standard naming conventions used in math (and pretty
common, for example, in the 3d industry, when you create a renderer).

PS. I don't like python, but this module is really excellent.

> Ideas from Java can be found at:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Random.html

Java's random is very poor and really not worth mentioning.

--
Gonzalo Garramu˝´
ggarra / advancedsl.com.ar

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E