Bugs item #5740, was opened at 2006-09-13 04:55
You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1698&aid=5740&group_id=426

Category: Standard Library
Group: 1.8.4

Initial Comment:
I am working with musical signs like "#".
In a method this "#" is assigned to a variable by default.
like:

Def foo(bar = "#")
end

In RDOC this shows up as:

foo(bar = "

When bar = "\#"
it shows up as:

foo(bar = "\

The method just works, but RDOC mistakinly filters it out as a comment or something.

Comment By: Daniel Berger (djberg96)
Date: 2007-05-25 08:22

Message:
I think this is a difficult exception to handle. But, rather than forcing people to use escapes in their code just so RDoc will pick it up properly (which doesn't work right now anyway), I vote that any '#' sign surrounded by quotes be interpreted literally.

I'll see if I can whip up a patch today.

Dan