Hi!

I have an organizational question. I'm preparing currently a RCR and a
corresponding text for this board. The RCR will, from a technical point
of view, mainly affect Oniguruma. This means, that coding is necessary
in the Oniguruma sources, but only some lines or nothing in the rest of
the Ruby sources.

Accompanying I will change the Oniguruma code to implement a first trial
version for the RCR.

Oniguruma is a Product of its own which is developed by K. Kosako
completely independently of Ruby, provided that I have understood it
correctly.

This is visible in Ruby sources too. The Ruby 1.9 snapshot from
2007/05/15 contains Oniguruma 4.4.5, while the current version of
Oniguruma itself is 4.6.2 (for the Oniguruma 4.x.y variant).

Now my questions.

1) In this case is it the right way to write a RCR or should I proceed
differently?

2) Based on which Oniguruma version I should work on the test version?

I really don't know how to start in this case.

Wolfgang N?dasi-Donner