For some of my C extensions, not all platforms support all functions.
For example, in the proc-wait3 package, not all platforms support the
waitid() function. In my test suite, then, I have to do something like
this:

if RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /linux|sunos/i
   def test_waitid

The problem with this approach is that it requires that I know, in
advance, which platforms support the waitid() function and which don't.
What I would rather do is this:

if have_func('waitid')
   def test_waitid

I can do this now but it gives me the verbose output, which I don't
want. That's all.

Regards,

Dan