Hi,

At Fri, 31 May 2002 20:40:14 +0900,
ts wrote:
> n> I'm thinking it must be, no other way to solve [ruby-core:00100].
>
>  It exist just a small problem with #defined? which will return
>  "local-variable(in-block)" in this case.
>
>  No good idea, how to fix this.

In ruby level, there is no diferrence between local variable
and dynamic variable, I guess.  They're accessible in the same
manor.

>  I've a stupid suggestion, use "dynamic-variable" (it's a joke :-))))

It doesn't match to /local-variable/, however, not bad.

>  Just a question : for me, this name came from ruby-man-1.4
>
>    http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/man-1.4/syntax.html#lvar
>
>   "The local variables assigned first time in the blocks are only valid in
>   that block. They are called `dynamic variables.'"
>
>  What term was used in the Japanese version of this documentation ?

The sentence itself isn't in the Japanese version.  I use the
term because the word `dvar' is in eval.c, parse.y and node.h.

--
Nobu Nakada