You can respond by visiting:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1700&aid=9878&group_id=426

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The syck bindings for php cause the php interpreter to segfault if syck_load() is given an empty string or badly malformed input to parse. I have experienced this behavior when using both syck-0.55 and the current cvs HEAD with php 5.2.1 on kubuntu edgy.

The problem is that the result of syck_parse() is not checked before being passed to zval_copy_ctor() for cloning into the php namespace. My patch simply returns preemptively if this value is null.