Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Tue, 3 Apr 2007 01:55:01 +0900,
> Daniel Berger wrote in [ruby-core:10834]:
>> The attached patch adds or fixes several things:
>>
>> * Adds documentation for create_header
>> * Adds documentation for find_executable
>> * Adds documentation for enable_config
>> * Adds documentation for with_config
>> * Fixes a doc bug in the have_struct_member method
>> * Added a few comments here and there for private methods
>
> Thank you.
>
>> I wasn't completely sure if pkg_config was meant for public
>> use or not. If so, I leave it for someone else to document
>> more thoroughly.
>
> Yes, and macro_defined?, checking_for, scalar_ptr_type?,
> scalar_type? and Logging are too.

Are you sure about all of these?

The macro_defined? method does not look like it's meant to be used
directly. It's wrapped by the have_macro method which wraps the
macro_defined? method and emits a "checking for" message to boot.

The checking_for method does not appear to have any use beyond emitting
a message for the various have_x and find_x methods. I cannot envision
using it directly. Do you?

I wasn't sure about scalar_type?, scalar_ptr_type? or what_type?. The
what_type? method is the only one of the three with a 'checking_for'
hook, which leads me to believe it's the only one of the three we should
publish. However, I'm somewhat confused as to its usage. It doesn't seem
to modify the generated Makefile in any case. Any insight you can offer
here would be appreciated.

As for the Logging module, I've never used directly, nor have I ever
seen anyone who did. But, I'll leave it to you to document as you see
fit. :)

Thanks,

Dan