John Lam (CLR) wrote:
> I believe that a single class object that contains an instance method dictionary and a class method dictionary should handle all of these cases. The implementation is a bit trickier though. Thanks for sending along these scenarios though, it helps me think through these cases in more detail.

I will try to think of a scenario that would break your proposed model.
Not to prove you wrong, but to prove to myself I understand what's "how
it works" and to help you avoid heading down a wrong path too early. At
the moment, nothing else comes to mind.

> If you have any more scenarios of strange behavior that may force the parallel class object and virtual class object hierarchy, please pass them along. If I understand you correctly, JRuby essentially keeps the same object model for classes as MRI?

Yes, in theory. In practice, we have to fit what works well in Java, but
the end structure is pretty much the same.

- Charlie