On 3/23/07, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: class_extension"
>     on Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:51:56 +0900, TRANS <transfire / gmail.com> writes:
>
> |> I am not sure what class_extension or extension does.  Do they return
> |> class/module themselves?
> |
> |You don't remember? It was your idea!
>
> As you might already know, my memory is volatile. ;-)
>
> |It's a long thread however. In sum the resulting code (and
> |explanation) of what class_extension does follows.
>
> But this version does not work without block, as your previous
> example.

That's true. I was just suggesting an alternate notation that seemed
reasonable. But I haven't tried it and maybe it isn't sensible. I
guess we'd wind up with the same problem as before, now that  consider
it more, since a module's singleton isn't a module which is why it's
so difficult to reuse its methods.

T,