Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme) wrote in #note-19:
> Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote in #note-17:
> > because one cannot know if `__params__` would be used, potentially in an `eval` or aliases or so
>
> I agree, with that kind of complexity it wouldn't make sense.

Wait a sec... actually there's precedent for this. `super` does this. It forwards all arguments up the inheritance chain. And it's possible to do `eval("super")`. `__params__` is  like the first half of `super`; just collect the arguments, without the subsequent method call. So it's definitely possible (and already done), technically.

Feature #17785: Allow named parameters to be keywords