Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote in #note-17:
> because one cannot know if `__params__` would be used, potentially in an `eval` or aliases or so

I agree, with that kind of complexity it wouldn't make sense. But I wasn't thinking of anything so complicated. If the token is lexically present in the method body, assign it a hash of the keyword arguments, just like a local variable. The allocation/cost is only for methods that use it. `eval("__params__")` is simply not supported. To me that's perfectly fine. Sort of like how `eval("v=42"); v` results in undefined `v` error. In all honesty I can't understand why anyone would want to support such an edge case of eval when it results in so much complexity that is simply not needed for the normal case.

Feature #17785: Allow named parameters to be keywords