On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 00:15:57 +0900, Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux / m4x.org> wrote:
> thread-mutex-not_owner.diff makes lock_mutex check that the mutex is
> actually owned by the caller.

> thread-mutex-recursive_lock.diff raises if we are trying to recursively
> lock the mutex. (Note that I can as easily add a recursive mutex behaviour)

fastthread originally had both behaviors, but I had to drop them because I got too many reports of existing Ruby code depending on thread.rb's behavior, where recursive locks block, and non-owners are able to unlock.

I wouldn't object to fixing these two items (code relying on them is pretty evil, IMO), except that it represents a significant compatibility break with 1.8 so far.

-mental