vihai (Daniele Orlandi) wrote in #note-6:
> The first issue is caused by `<sys/ioctl.h>` not defining `_IOC_SIZE`, ruby falls back to `DEFULT_IOCTL_NARG_LEN`. I guess you have to detect and include `<linux/ioctl.h>` or `<asm/ioctl.h>`.

That means, `linux_iocparm_len` is not defined?
Whether `_IOC_SIZE` is defined seems depending on versions/architectures.
At least, the following code can compile and prints the expected values on Ubuntu 21.10 x86_64.
```C
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <linux/gpio.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
    const size_t n = GPIO_GET_LINEHANDLE_IOCTL;
    printf("%#zx => %#zx\n", n, _IOC_SIZE(n));
    // 0xc16cb403 => 0x16c
    return 0;
}
```

> The second may be patched like this:

As the buffer is supposed to be overwritten, it is doubtful to be considered a bug.

> Lastly I guess that DEFULT is spelled incorrectly :)

Yes, definitely ;)

Bug #18255: ioctl zeroes the last buffer byte