Issue #18248 has been reported by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

Misc #18248: Add Feature Triaging Guide
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18248

* Author: jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans)
Ruby added a bug triaging guide in June 2019, and since then I've used it to reduce the number of open bugs in the tracker from over 1400 to about 300.  Ruby currently has over 1200 open feature requests on the issue tracker. From a cursory review, many of these have already been implemented, and many are unlikely to be desired.  I would like to add a feature triaging guide to Ruby and start triaging feature requests, with the goal of having open feature requests be features not yet implemented that the Ruby core team would like implemented or would consider patches for.  By doing so, we can make it easier for potential contributors to Ruby to easily see possible contributions they could make.

I've added a pull request with a draft of the proposed guide: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4953

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/