Quoting noreply / rubyforge.org, on Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 04:21:37PM +0900:
> 2. fixes OptionParser#separator so that it correctly handles strings containing newlines,
>
> 3. introduces 'text' as an alias for the 'separator' method, since the latter doesn't sound appropriate for adding a paragraph of text at a time, and
>
> 4. adds a 'bottom_text' method, which causes the given text to appear /after/ the option summary.

I think these are great, and I hope they are accepted. Not being able to
supply a multiline string to #seperator has caused some perplexity.  I
always assumed there was some other undocumented way to do this that I'd
never found, because its would be so useful.

Sam