Issue #18035 has been updated by tenderlovemaking (Aaron Patterson).

jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) wrote in #note-11:
> @maciej.mensfeld alluded to this already, but one thing to consider is that no object in Ruby is truly immutable unless all entries in `object.singleton_class.ancestors` are also frozen/immutable.

Are they not?  It seems like for Arrays they are (I haven't checked other types), so maybe there's some precedent:

```ruby
x = [1, 2, 3].freeze

Mod = Module.new { def foo; end }

begin
  x.extend(Mod)
rescue FrozenError
  puts "can't extend"
end

begin
  def x.foo; end
rescue FrozenError
  puts "can't def"
end

begin
  y = x.singleton_class
  def y.foo; end
rescue FrozenError
  puts "can't def singleton"
end
```

Feature #18035: Introduce general model/semantic for immutable by default.