Issue #18055 has been reported by shalokshalom (Matthias Schuster).

Feature #18055: Introduce
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18055

* Author: shalokshalom (Matthias Schuster)
Currently, [auto_load](https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15592) provides the ability to load libraries on the fly, in order to avoid huge startup times.

This has some disadvantages, who already lead nearly to its [discontinuation](https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5653)

I suggest a proposal, that solves both these issues.

``introduce``

I imagine this keyword behaves like ```require``` at the top of the file and does act like ```autoload``` within a definition.

We can also introduce exceptions for cases like the above linked threads.

Its also a nice guideline, and easy to remember.

*Summary*: ``introduce`` can always behave predictable, optimal, and even work fine without the programmer knowing about its implementation.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/