jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) wrote in #note-16:
> It's not difficult to make `__FILE__` use `realpath`

I read this once more a bit more carefully and I think there's a misunderstanding... the idea here is that realpath should be used in `require` _before_ checking if the file is already loaded (and then loading it). So `p->ruby_sourcefile_string` would already be the realpath.

Feature #16978: Ruby should not use realpath for __FILE__