Sorry, forgot to give a link to a human-readable table of html5 entities: h=
ttps://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/named-characters.html#named-character=
-references.

Feature #17992: Upstreaming the htmlentities gem into CGI#.(un)escape_html

* Author: AMomchilov (Alexander Momchilov)
Hi there,

I was looking to unescape some HTML entities in a String, and I discovered =
that `CGI#.(un)escape_html` is **really** limited. Many StackOverflow quest=
ions share a similar disappointment, and point users to using the [htmlenti=
ties gem](https://github.com/threedaymonk/htmlentities):

1. https://stackoverflow.com/a/383561/3141234
2. https://stackoverflow.com/a/22926384/3141234

This solved my problem, but I feel like something this standard/universal s=
hould be built-in. To that end, I'm interested in working on merging the ht=
mlentities gem into CGI's repo. Would this be a welcome change?

* I've e-mailed the author (Paul Battley) privately, and got his blessing t=
o do so.
* It's MIT licensed, so that should be OK.

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/