Issue #18003 has been reported by ioquatix (Samuel Williams).

Bug #18003: Rework internal IO to directly invoke scheduler with IO object.
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18003

* Author: ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
* Assignee: ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
Many functions are still going through C functions which take file descriptors fd argument, and internally we need to create an IO object to handle this correctly in the fiber scheduler. This is slightly inefficient, so we should rework these code paths to use the updated interfaces which handle IO instances directly.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/