Issue #17845 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

@larkanis

> Do you want to switch your ruby-logo build to UCRT as well or add it as another architecture?

I think adding as another architecture would be best?  Maybe tag it as `ruby-ucrt`?

> Would you mind to add support to setup-ruby-pkgs?

I'll open an issue about adding the ucrt build tools to the Actions images so a full download isn't required.

Also, there's a lot of patches here, will they be added to ruby/ruby?

Re `setup-ruby-pkgs`, maybe the best solution is to install `ucrt` packages matching the listed `mingw` package when the build is `ruby-head` (or `head`)?

Not sure whether to discuss here or in a `setup-ruby-pkgs` issue.  I think this affects `setup-ruby`, as it adds the tools paths to `ENV['Path']`... @Eregon?

Sorry, I've been following this, but didn't expect you'd convert your build so quickly.  I'm fine with it though...

Feature #17845: Windows Ruby - ucrt build?