Personally I find the order confusing, in many/most command-line executables, direct arguments have precedence over environment variables.

For `-W`, direct arguments actually have precedence, as expected (command line args should always be able to override env vars):
```
$ RUBYOPT=-W2 ruby -W0 -e 'p $VERBOSE'
nil
$ RUBYOPT=-W0 ruby -W2 -e 'p $VERBOSE'
true
```

and for `-I` too, i.e., RUBYOPT is processed first:
```
$ RUBYOPT=-Ia ruby -Ib -e 'puts $:'
/home/eregon/b
/home/eregon/a
/home/eregon/.rubies/ruby-3.0.1/lib/ruby/site_ruby/3.0.0
```

But for `-r`, the order is reversed, as you showed:
```
RUBYOPT=-r./a ruby -r./b -e ''
:b
:a
```
I think that's a much bigger source of confusion than this special case of `-r` + `bundle exec`, and IMHO what should be changed.
It's also inconsistent and very hard to understand, since the order seems to change per flag.

Feature #17883: Load bundler/setup earlier to make `bundle exec ruby -r` respect Gemfile