Issue #17881 has been updated by fxn (Xavier Noria).

> If I'm not mistaken, such usage could cause the TracePoint to stay active at runtime, which isn't a huge deal, but will still trigger every time a singleton_class or anonymous class is created, which isn't a good practice at runtime, but that I nonetheless see happen.

Yes, that is right. Is in that sense that I said _normally_. You'd need someone to not eager load anything, and to have explicit namespaces in the non eager loaded subtree. It is a possibility, but I'd believe should be rare. Rare enough not to be your main design driver.

> But again all this is hard to quantify and a bit "handwavy". I believe the cleanliness of the API alone should be the main argument

Agree, and I believe it is core's call to decide if that is cleaner, perhaps Zeitwerk's usage of TP is already "clean" in their opinion. I do not know :).

Feature #17881: Add a Module#const_added callback