> And I also propose to extract the following libraries from the default gems.

Those are already default gems.
So I guess you mean no longer including them with Ruby, and `gem install NAME` would be needed to use them?

Seems fine in general.

I'm hesitant about `fcntl` since it's so small (just a bunch of constants) and I think it doesn't make so much sense to have that as a separate gem (it's already a default gem, though I don't see the point of that).

Feature #17873: Update of default gems in Ruby 3.1