Issue #17818 has been updated by jaruga (Jun Aruga).

Let me share the current status and the plan for ruby/ruby's Travis.

> As a side note from my experience, the concept of the credits might be no=
t considered on travis-ci.org. =

The travis-ci.org shut down will occur on May 31, 2021. So, there is no opt=
ion to use travis-ci.org any more.
https://blog.travis-ci.com/2021-05-07-orgshutdown

We got 25,000 credits from the above OSS subscription. However as I wrote a=
bove, we consume 10 credits per build on Linux, that means. If a job takes =
17 minutes 30 seconds, it takes 10 * 18 =3D 180 credits for one job. It's m=
uch more than I expected. I misunderstood it was 10 credits per build witho=
ut minutes. So, I plan to not use only free builds without credits on Travi=
s.

The current plan is to create the Ubuntu focal (20.04) CI cases for each CP=
U architecture.

* i686 (x86 variant): Run on GitHub. The example: https://github.com/junaru=
ga/ci-multi-arch-native-test/blob/master/.github/workflows/build.yml .
* arm64/ppc64le/s390x
=A0 Based on this PR.
=A0 * Try Focal i386 packages for building i686-linux ruby
=A0 =A0 https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/3173
=A0 Also referring
=A0 * Reviving .travis.yml (don't merge)
=A0 =A0 https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4384

Misc #17818: Reviving Travis CI