> It kinda is, as aliases allow for circular references which can cause some programs to end up in infinite loop.

I thought of the same thing and I tested what Eregon wrote before writing the comment. So, unless you know of a YAML that crashes `Psych.safe_load(..., aliases: true)`, I assume it's not unsafe.

> Maybe we should have YAML.load_file use a more relaxed default, as we can assume that most of the time this is for loading configs etc rather than user submitted data.

Just a reminder from my previous comment, `ActiveSupport::ConfigurationFile.parse` uses not `YAML.load_file` but `YAML.load`.

Bug #17866: Incompatible changes with Psych 4.0.0