sam.saffron (Sam Saffron) wrote in #note-6:
> Sort of, it gets complicated. Unicorn is easy cause it is single threaded. Killing off threads in Puma is much more fraught, in Sidekiq the old pattern of killing off was nuked by Mike cause he saw it as way too risky https://github.com/mperham/sidekiq/commit/7e094567a585578fad0bfd0c8669efb46643f853.

I think fixing Timeout.timeout might be possible.
The main/major issue is it can trigger within `ensure`, right? Is there anything else?
We could automatically mask `Thread#raise` within `ensure` so it only happens after the `ensure` body completes.
And we could still have a larger "hard timeout" if an `ensure` takes way too long (shouldn't happen, but one cannot be sure).
I recall discussing this with @schneems some time ago on Twitter.

Feature #17837: Add support for Regexp timeouts