Issue #17826 has been reported by kukunin (Sergiy Kukunin).

Bug #17826: Ractor#take hangs if used in multiple Threads
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17826

* Author: kukunin (Sergiy Kukunin)
* ruby -v: ruby 3.0.1p64 (2021-04-05 revision 0fb782ee38) [x86_64-linux]
Hello there.

I was playing with Ractors (the awesome technology and the big leap for Ruby) and encountered weird behavior.

I tried to schedule and run Ractors in multiple threads, and found out, that Ractor#take hangs even if the ractor is finished.

Here is code to reproduce:

``` ruby
Array.new(2) do |n|
  Thread.new do
    r = Ractor.new do
      sleep 0.001
    end
    r.take
    puts "thread #{n} finished"
  end
end.each(&:join)

puts 'done'

```

The output is just "thread 0 finished" and the process hangs forever. Sometimes the second thread exists first, and the first freezes.

Thank you for your time. Hopefully, it's a valid bug report, not me just misusing the feature =)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/