Issue #17777 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

tlbra (tycho braams) wrote in #note-13:
> I think it's a bit early to close the issue, as the PR linked by hsbt has not actually been merged in the 2.6 branch yet, so the issue still exists

You must be unfamiliar with how backporting is handled in Ruby.  If the issue doesn't exist in the master branch but needs backporting, the issue is closed and the appropriate backport flag is set.  The branch maintainer will use a view like https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby-master/issues?query_id=171 to determine which tickets need backporting (note that it includes issues marked Closed, including this ticket).

Bug #17777: 2.6.7 fails to build on macOS: implicit declaration of function 'rb_native_mutex_destroy' is invalid in C99