On Feb 16, 2007, at 5:15 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2007, at 09:44, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
>> While I am complaining about xmlrpc, we have another issue.  It's
>> shown in this paste:
>>
>> http://pastie.textmate.org/40836
>>
>> Would a patch be accepted to make these changes?
>
> Please stop giving links to things you can paste in-line.  External
> URLs aren't guaranteed to last as long as the mailing list archives.

Sorry.  I've been using the links from our TextMate maintainer's
discussions.

The content at the above link is:

require "date"

# this is basically what xmlrpc/create.rb does (line 244)
def conv2value(param)
   p case param
   when Date
     format("%.4d%02d%02dT00:00:00", param.year, param.month, param.day)
   when Time
     param.strftime("%Y%m%dT%H:%M:%S")

conv2value(DateTime.now)         # problem one: this has the time
part truncated
conv2value(Time.new)             # problem two: this is NOT converted
to UTC

print DateTime.now.new_offset(0) # this is the time in UTC, which is
what we should send to the server

__END__

James Edward Gray II