Issue #17808 has been updated by byroot (Jean Boussier).

> Is there a way to modify existing declared methods adding that parameter

Well, I suppose you can decorate the methods and filter the extra keywords, a bit tricky but doable:

```ruby
class Module
  def ignore_extra_parameters(method_name)
    method = instance_method(method_name)
    keyword_args = method.parameters.filter_map { |type, name| name if type == :key || type == :keyreq }
    define_method(method_name) do |*args, **kwargs, &block|
      method.bind_call(self, *args, **kwargs.slice(*keyword_args), &block)

class MyObject
  def initialize(bar)
    @bar = bar
  end

  def to_hash
    { bar: @bar, plop: 42 }

module Test
  extend self
  ignore_extra_parameters def foo(bar:)
    p bar

Test.foo(**MyObject.new(42)) # => 42
```

But ultimately your whole feature request rely on a very specific JS "feature" (many people would call it a cruft), that extra arguments are simply ignored.

That's not the case in Ruby, every argument must be accounted for. And while I'm merely an observer of the ruby-core development, I'm pretty sure it isn't acceptable to change. So I doubt there any way such feature would be implemented.

Or you'd need to introduce some new syntax for the caller to specify that the extra parameters should be discarded, but again, not very likely to happen.

Feature #17808: Feature Request: JS like splat of Object properties as named method parameters