Issue #17753 has been updated by tenderlovemaking (Aaron Patterson).

> Yes, c.name is "X::C", but as I said above, that is just a string.

It's also a way to inform the user where that constant lives.  The contents of the string have meaning.

> On the other hand, if you are in a very specific situation where you can assume that loop makes sense for all k, you can always name.sub(/::\w+$/, '') and const_get, modulus details.

This would work if I could trust the `name` method on a class (I can't, especially in a Rails project).

Of course there are some edge cases with redefinition, but since the "namespace" method would line up with what the "name" method is supposed to return, I think it would be easy to understand the behavior.

Feature #17753: Add Module#namespace