Issue #17785 has been updated by byroot (Jean Boussier).

Arguably it's a bit of a stretch, but how would you handle: `foo(class_, class:)`?

What if instead of mangling the variable name, there would be a way to tell the parser to interpret the next word as a regular name rather than a keyword? e.g.:

```ruby
def check(arg, class:)
  arg.is_a?(\class)
end
```

`\` being a common escaping character I think it the one that would make the most sense.

And that would allow to make it work with regular parameters as well:

```ruby
def diff(start, \end)
  \end - start
end
```

Even though this use case is much less important, except for documentation purposes.

Feature #17785: Allow named parameters to be keywords