On 2/14/07, Jonas Pfenniger <zimbatm / oree.ch> wrote:
> 2007/2/13, mathew <meta / pobox.com>:
> > Those are not errors. Username and password are not allowed in HTTP
> > URIs.
>
> Right, but since it seems handled by ruby's URI, why not make it
> completely right ?

I feel like there's some strange new usage of the term "right" that
I'm not privy to.

If we're going to make the URI class accept invalid URIs so long as
they can be parsed generically, then the patch needs some more work:

uri = URI("mailto://www.example.com/")
URI::InvalidComponentError: unrecognised opaque part for mailtoURL:
        from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/uri/mailto.rb:127:in `initialize'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/uri/common.rb:484:in `parse'
        from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/uri/common.rb:604:in `URI'
        from (irb):5
        from :0

mathew
--